He had lived in Buenos Aires, Argentina, for many years, where he started his first plastic business in the early ‘60 among many organizational and technical challenges as plastic-made products were just becoming popular.
When he moved back to Italy, with far-sighted vision, he believed in the huge potential of the plastics as material to be used in different sectors. With very limited financial resources but bursting with ideas, he had started 3 companies in only 5 years, in the industrial district of Dosson di Casier, a few miles from the city of Treviso.
At the beginning of the ’70s, when the application of high impact Polystyrene was rapidly expanding, IMPA already held a dominant position in the Italian market.
In those years the main production consisted of the extrusion of high impact Polystyrene roll for thermoforming, while afterwards the company expanded the production to sheets and developed the ABS.
The sudden loss of the founder in 1979 required the involvement of the second generation. Sergio’s sons, Renzo and Carlo, took over the business.
During the ’80s, the company consolidated its position in the Italian market and changed the corporate name from partnership (s.n.c) to Ltd. (S.p.a). The company grew steadily, domestically and abroad, and in 1993 it expanded its operations to a second manufacturing site in the nearby city of Casale sul Sile. In this period the company considerably invested on the expansion of PMMA-ABS coextrusion sheets, which became the most used product in the thermoforming of sheets.
Committed to providing high standard of services and products and to building close partnership with suppliers and customers; the company overcame the challenging years between 2009 and 2013, peak of the worldwide financial crisis. The company has continued to invest in new equipment and product development and increased its workforce.
In 2016 the company celebrated a special milestone in its history — 50 years in the plastic extrusion business. IMPA set itself new projects and targets boosted by the involvement in the business of the third generation.
IMPA has established the company’s mission statement basing on its organization, targets, dimensions, operations in connection with company activities and the impact of its activities and products on the environment.
This ensures a constant focus on customer satisfaction, continuous improvement in environmental performances and health and safety protection of the workers.
The integrated management system is in compliance with the following standards:
- UNI EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality management system
- UNI EN ISO 14001:2015 Environmental management system
- Decree Law 102/2014, implementation of the Energy Directive 2012/27/UE
- BS OHSAS 18001:2007 in conjunction with the UNI INAIL guidance on Health and Safety
The integrated management system is fundamental to support and develop these standards.
IMPA has established the following guidelines:
- Continually implement and maintain its integrated management system
- Work in accordance with the legislation for production and service and with Safety, Health and Environmental policies
- Ensure customer satisfaction delivering products that consistently meet customer requirements
- Monitor, track and report emission information, protect the environment and prevent pollution taking all possible measures
- Monitor energetic performance, protecting the environment, reducing energy usage and using renewable energies
- Work in partnership with customers, suppliers and employees in a transparent communication
- Continually improve service, product and system